Our vision and values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The ethos of our school is underpinned by our six core values as shown below.
By independence we mean that everyone
· is confident to make choices and take decisions
· works towards their personal goals and aspirations
· seeks to have a positive impact through their thoughts, feelings and actions
By resilience we mean that everyone
· tries their hardest when faced with a challenge
· is able to adapt and cope with change
· is able to recover quickly from set-backs and learn from them
By responsibility we mean that everyone
· takes ownership of their learning and behaviour
· is committed to our school, our community and the environment
· recognises the role that they play in keeping others safe
By respect we mean that everyone
· values all members of the community
· displays tolerance of others with different points of view and beliefs
· shows respect for the school, its resources and the surrounding environment
By compassion we mean that everyone
· shows understanding, caring and kindness
· values and upholds positive relationships
· considers the feelings of others
By enjoyment we mean that everyone
· values and embraces the importance of fun and enjoyment
· is able to work with others as part of a team
· strives to foster lasting friendships
We aspire for every child to achieve during their time in our school.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are: